St. Patrick’s Day is almost here!! How do you plan on celebrating? I’ve got a marathon day at our church, singing in the praise band at the early service, sunday school, singing with the choir at the late service, and then a choir rehearsal to prepare for Palm Sunday and Easter. After all that, I’ll probably want to just come home and collapse!! But I plan on celebrating by wearing this holiday-inspired makeup look.
Wearing green eye shadow can seem really scary, but if you find a rich, jewel toned shade, it’s totally gorgeous!! Be brave, branch out, and rock this look on Sunday to avoid being pinched for not wearing green. And make sure you watch the whole video…I’ve got a special bit at the end to show you another way to celebrate!
Dermaloque BB Cream (See my full review here)
Hard Candy Glamoflauge Concealer (Light/Med)
NYX HD Concealer (Beige)
Sigma Eyeshadow Base (Persuade)
Sigma F70 Concealer Brush
Sigma Eyeshadow Base Kit (Bare)
Urban Decay Vice Palette
Sigma E40 Blending Brush**
Sigma E55 Eye Shading Brush**
Sigma E20 Small Shader Brush**
Physicians Formula Eye Booser 2-in-1 Lash Boosting Eyeliner & Serum
NYX Liquid Crystal Liquid Liner (Crystal Silk/104)
Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler
L’Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes Waterproof Mascara
ybf Auto Eyebrow Pencil
Coastal Scents 10Blush Palette
Sigma F40 Large Angled Contour Brush**
Sigma F50 Duo Fibre Brush**
Maybelline Color Sensational Lipliner (Pink)
Butter London Lippy Lipgloss (West End Wonderland)
“Roads That Burned Our Boots” by Jahzzar
Licensed under BY-SA Creative Commons 3.0
Don’t you just love the little hint of glitter you get along the lower lash line? I thought that would be such a fun look for this holiday. The pot of gold at the end of the Irish rainbow if you will. 🙂
Now, it’s time for dessert. YUM. These cookies are literally Mint Chip Ice Cream turned into a cookie. What a dream!! That’s my favorite ice cream, but I’m lactose-intolerant, so I tend to stay away from it. This is the perfect solution!
Mint Chip Cookies
– 1 box white cake mix
– 1tsp baking powder
– 2 large eggs, room temperature
– 1/3 cup vegetable or canola oi
– 1/4 tsp peppermint extract
– 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
– 1 1/4 cup Andes Mint bits
– green food coloring
– Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line cookie sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
– In a large bowl, mix cake mix and baking powder.
– In a small bowl, mix eggs, oil, vanilla, and peppermint extract. Add to dry mix and stir until almost completely combined.
– Add green food coloring until your desired shade of green is achieved. I added about 10 drops. Remember, you can always add more, but you can’t take them out once they’re in there.
– Gently fold in Andes Mint bits.
– Use a medium scoop or make approx. 2.5 in dough balls and place them on cookie sheets 2 in apart.
– Bake 10 minutes.
– Allow to set for 3 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
The original strawberry chocolate chip recipe is what I showed in my February Favorites video, and I’ve also made a red velvet version of those cookies. You can really adapt this recipe to your favorite cake mix, or to the upcoming holiday!! My mom and I came up with this recipe to make these cookies a little more St. Patrick’s Day appropriate. If you try them out, let me know how you like them!
I hope y’all have a wonderful holiday! Of course, in my last post, I told you I’d be posting at least twice a week, and then this week has become insanely busy! Murphy’s Law and all that. Anyway, I’ve already filmed my next video for you, so I’m thinking you’ll just get three from me next week!